Thursday, June 26, 2008

Schweinsteiger!!!

Despite the fact they weren't wearing their cooler white and blue uniforms, I was rooting for Turkey as the underdog against Germany yesterday. They lost in a great game (the parts I could see uninterrupted by Swiss lightning!), but I can't be mad at Germany or midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, whose play I've been very impressed with.

Plus, his name is fun to scream in a German accent. And he pulls his socks up higher than anyone else, so there's that.

Germany's uniforms are tight as always, but they may have garnered Cool Uniform Props had they donned these bold-ass red and black duds. Pretty crazy looking, in a good way. They've only wore the whites so far, so maybe these are their alternate colored jersey. Probably will never know as I expect Spain will be in red and Germany white for Sunday's final.

No comments: